For most courses at Charles Sturt University, you can meet the English Language Proficiency (ELP) requirements by doing one of the following:
providing evidence of having completed a sufficient standard of study in English
obtaining Academic IELTS within the last 2 years, with a minimum overall score of 6 and no individual score below 5.5
obtaining a qualification deemed to be equivalent to Academic IELTS (and its minimum scores) by Charles Sturt.
Applicants for the Bachelor of Information Technology must meet the following Admission Requirements:
* A completed High School Certificate (or equivalent) with an ATAR of at least 60 (including adjustment factors).
* Completion of the HSC (or equivalent) with strong performance (such as 60% or higher marks) in subjects in the Information Technology area.
* Successful completion of at least two appropriate standard IT university-level subjects.
* For recent school leavers, a report from the School Principal, equivalent to that used in the School Recommendation Scheme (SRS), recommending the applicant as well-suited for university study.
* IT related professional certifications such as from CISCO, Microsoft, IBM and other professional industries.
* Two years relevant professional IT work experience (i.e. in areas such as programmer, analyst, systems administration, help desk, network support but NOT clerical roles such as data entry or secretarial) demonstrated by a detailed resume.
* A completed AQF Certificate III in Information Technology (including any specialisation of Information Technology) or a completed AQF Certificate III in an area related to Information Technology.
English Language Proficiency
Minimum CSU English Language Proficiency Requirements apply.
Applicants for the Bachelor of Information Technology TAFE NSW Integrated Program must meet the following Admission Requirements:
Enrolment in one of the following programs at TAFE NSW Albury or Wagga campuses:
* Certificate III in Information, Digital Media and Technology
* Certificate IV in Information Technology (Networking)
* Diploma of Information Technology (Networking)
* Advanced Diploma of Information Technology (Network Security)
Successful applicants will concurrently study the above TAFE NSW courses along with selected subjects in the Bachelor of Information Technology, Network Engineering specialisation, at either the Albury or Wagga campuses of Charles Sturt University. Credits will be granted into the Bachelor of Information Technology for completion of the TAFE component of the integrated program.
Students of the integrated program can optionally choose to sit for the following industry certifications (additional costs will apply):
CompTIA A+ certification
EC Council Certified Ethical Hacker certification
Cisco CCNA Routing and switching certification
Systems or business analyst
OSHC: 559 $ AUD per year