- The environmental studies master’s program at UMass Lowell provides students with a comprehensive education that includes policy, engineering and science.
- Customize your degree with a concentration in atmospheric science or geoscience. Students interested in weather forecasting, atmospheric pollution, wind energy and related topics should consider the atmospheric science option. Students interested in the geo- and environmental sciences should consider environmental geoscience. Numerous opportunities for experiential learning in the field are available.
- In addition to conventional master’s degrees, students may choose a professional science master’s (PSM) in environmental studies. The PSM is intended for students who seek to improve both technical expertise and managerial skills.
Master's of Science in Environmental Studies:
- Atmospheric Science Option
- Environmental Geoscience Option
- Professional Science Master’s Environmental Geoscience Option
- Professional Science Master's Atmospheric Science Option
Graduate Certificate Programs:
- Certificate in Environmental Geoscience
- Certificate in Environmental Atmospheric Science
Professional Internship and Seminar
This professional internship is required for students in this program and is expected to represent a minimum of 350 hours and will have a 3-6 month duration. The internship is designed to provide students with an opportunity to obtain real-world experience in business, government agencies, non-profit organizations or research institutes. To be eligible for the internship students will be expected to have completed half of their STEM courses, two business/communication courses, attained a minimum GPA of 3.0 and received departmental permission. Through this experience the student engages in real- world work situations involving technical problems, teamwork, communication skills and decision-making. Students who are employed full-time in a pertinent field may fulfill the internship requirement by completing an approved project, which adds to the student’s current set of skills. All students will be required to submit a final written report and give an oral presentation on their work at a seminar. All post-internship students will participate in this seminar. All Professional Internships require supervision by program faculty.
More info: Click here