Explore progressive, cutting edge technologies and complete projects for real industry clients, solving real problems and creating real solutions.
With a Bachelor in Information Technology from SIT, you can specialise in:
- Web applications
- Technical computing (networks and systems administration).
This course is designed to prepare graduates for a comprehensive and broadly based range of professional careers within the information technology field.
The curriculum addresses both theoretical and practical applications of computer technology within today's business environment. The first year provides a foundation of knowledge in software development and design fundamentals, operating systems, computer networks and programming. The second year builds on these with more advanced programming, databases, networking, web applications and managing computer projects.
The final year pulls it all together with topics in networking, databases, web applications, and a full year, full scale project.
Students are assigned their own state of the art computer for the duration of their studies. They are provided with leading edge tools that are presently being used to develop e-commerce and business solutions.
More info: Click here
- ITC 501 Information Technology Operations
- ITC 502 Fundamentals of Programming and Problem Solving
- ITC 503 Professional Practice
- ITC 504 Enterprise
Elective: Four of the following papers may be chosen from the list below. Electives 1, 2 and 3 may be from any other programme with permission of the programme manager. Papers must be at a minimum level of Level 5
- ITC 505 Introduction to Networks
- ITC 506 Operating Systems
- ITC 507 Technical Support
- ITC 508 Database Administration
- ITC 509 Web applications Implementation
- IT511 Business Computing
- ITC 513 Programming
- ITC 601 Project Management
- ITC 604 Systems Analysis and Design
Compulsory: One of the following papers to be chosen
- IT606 Object Oriented Databases
- ITC607 Data management
Elective: A minimum of three of the following "GEN' coded or "IT/ITC" coded Level 6 electives must be taken plus up to 30 credits at Level 5 or above from this or other programmes with permission of programme manager:
- ITC605 Web Services and Design Methodologies
- ITC606 Algorithms and Data Structures
- IT607 Advanced Programming
- IT608 Game Development I
- IT611 Applied Computing
- IT612 Applied Graphics
- IT617 Mobile Application Development
- IT 620 Routing and Switching
Elective Options to the value of 120 credits
A minimum of three of the following Level 7 electives must be taken from "IT/ITC' coded courses plus 45 credits at level 5 or above from this or other programmes with permission of programme manager:
- IT610 Help Desk
- IT703 Database Design and Implementation
- IT705 Human Computer Interaction
- IT708 Information Systems in Management
- IT709 Web Applications
- IT710 Game Development ll
- IT711 Advanced Networking
- IT712 Professional Skills for Information Technology
- IT715 Embedded Systems
- IT717 System Security
- IT721 Software Engineering
- IT722 Algorithims and Problem Solving