The exciting world of the arts needs creative leaders. Combine your passion for the arts with innovative business and entrepreneurship skills to make an impact in a thriving arts community.
Why Study Arts Leadership at Iona?
Our four distinct disciplines – music, visual arts, dance and theatre – allow you to hone your skills into an area of the arts that most appeals to you.
You’ll learn from people who are leaders in all areas of the arts.
Whether you are interested in managing a box office or a band, running a music or dance studio, or advocating for the arts, our program will prepare you for success.
What You'll Learn
You’ll learn the business and public communication skills to help you excel on the administrative and management side of the arts. You’ll join one of our active performance ensembles or arts studios to cultivate your passion and gain perspectives in the industry from an artist.
A final project and internship will get you out into the arts community, applying your skills to real-world situations and networking with influential arts leaders.
More info: Click here
- Communication Skills: Writing I
- Website Design
- Business Calculus
Fine and Performing Arts Department (21 credits)
Required Performance Ensemble/Applied/Studio Study (6 Credits)
Choose from or combine 6 credits based on selected concentration:
- Piano Instruction
- Drawing and Painting II
- Iona Dance Ensemble
- Iona College Instrumental Ensemble
- Iona College Vocal Ensemble
- Iona College Theatre Ensemble
Required Fpa (9 Credits)
Choose from 9 credits in the chosen concentration:
- Dance Appreciation
- Introduction to World Dance Forms
- Introduction to Ballet
- Introduction to Choreography
- Modern Dance I
- Jazz Dance: From Roots to Hip Hop and Beyond
- Women in Music
- Music in Film and Video
- History of Popular Music in America
- Music in World Cultures
- Music History: Medieval through Baroque
- Music History: Classical through Modern
- Music Theory
- Introduction to the Theatre, Theatre Foundations
- Shakespeare in Performance
- Theatre History: The Ancient Greek Theatre to The Renaissance
- Theatre History: The Renaissance to the Modern Theatre
- Introduction to Acting
- Drawing and Painting I
- Art History: Prehistoric Era to the Middle Ages
- Art History: Renaissance to Modern Art
Required Internship & Capstone Project (6 Credits)
- FPA Internship
- FPA Capstone Project