Why Choose Computer Science?
Computers are vital to most industries today — from banking and communication to film production and transportation — and new jobs are rapidly emerging. The computer science degree develops depth of knowledge in all aspects of computer science. It also complements the broader analytical skills of a liberal arts education.
What Will You Learn?
The computer science major teaches you how to analyze problems and design your solutions in a variety of computer languages. As a computer science major, you will:
- Develop core skills in calculus and physics
- Study the internal architecture of a computer
- Learn industry standard programming languages like C++ and Java
- Design and verify algorithms
- Create and implement systems software in UNIX/Linux
- Build a sizeable software system as part of a team