To be considered for admission to this course an applicant must have:
- (a) a bachelor's degree, or an equivalent qualification, as recognised by UWA; and at least three years of relevant, documented professional experience; and
- (i) the equivalent of a UWA weighted average mark of at least 60 per cent; or
- (ii) a valid Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT*) score of at least 550; or
- (iii) at least two additional years of relevant documented professional experience considered by UWA to be sufficient to permit satisfactory completion of the course;
- (b) at least eight years of relevant, documented professional experience considered by UWA (by way of an interview and assessment process) to be sufficient to permit satisfactory completion of the course.
Note: *GMAT scores are valid for five years.
- Qualification through WACE, TEE or equivalent
- Pass in English, English Literature, or English as a Second Language
- GCE O-level (GCSE and IGCSE)
- Minimum grade C / C6 in English, English Language, English (First Language) or English Literature.
- Minimum grade A in IGCSE English as a Second Language, with grade 1(One) in Oral/Aural Communication.
- Must be endorsed by CIE, OCR, Edexcel, AQA or other UK authority (independent and school-assessed O-levels are not sufficient).
- TOEFL (paper-based)
- 570 with a Test of Written English (TWE) of no less than 4.5
- Scholarship applicants require 580, with 45 in the Test of Spoken English (TSE) and 4.5 in the Test of Written English (TWE)
- IBT TOEFL (Internet-based test score)
- 82 with 22 for writing, 20 for speaking, 20 for listening, and 18 for reading
- IELTS (Academic)
- 6.5 (no band lower than 6.0)
- Cambridge Certificate of Proficiency in English
- Cambridge Certificate in Advanced English
- CELT Bridging Course
- Overall score of 70% with a minimum of 65% for each section
- Pearson Test of English (PTE) (Academic)
- Overall score of 64 with a minimum score of 64 in the Reading and Writing sections, 59 in the Speaking section and 54 in the Listening section.
- The Law School requires an overall score of 70 with a minimum score of 70 in each section.
Higher English scores are required for admission to higher degrees in some faculties at UWA:
- Law: overall IELTS of 7.5, with a minimum score of 7.5 for reading and writing and a minimum of 7.0 for speaking and listening.
- Education: overall IELTS score of 7.0, with a minimum of 6.5 in reading and writing.
- Dentistry: overall IELTS score of 7.0, with a minimum of 6.5 in reading and writing.
- Business: overall IELTS score of 6.5, with a minimum of 6.5 in reading and writing.
Applicants should submit their application online with the following documentation. High-quality colour scans of original documents are to be uploaded into the application portal prior to assessment.
- Original proof of citizenship (one of the following):
- passport (and visa if necessary)
- birth certificate
- Australian Citizenship certificate
- Original academic transcripts (unless previously from UWA)
- Proof of English language competency
- A valid GMAT test score (if your WAM/GPA is less than 60 per cent and you have less than five years of work experience)
- A personal statement
- A current curriculum vitae (CV) outlining a minimum of three years' professional work experience from completion of your bachelor's degree and includes two referee names and contact details
Note: Hard-copy original transcripts and degree certificates from previous studies may be requested at any time as part of the process of verifying the authenticity of any documents provided with an application.