This course will provide you with the necessary skills to work effectively in a modern manufacturing engineering environment.
Sunderland has been an excellent place to study engineering and technical subjects for over 100 years. We’ve built up strong links with industry, including regional manufacturing giants such as Nissan, and our teaching reflects their requirements.
Teaching is also enriched by research into areas such as automotive mechatronics, manufacturing systems and advanced maintenance. This course will provide you with a good range of engineering skills and knowledge in manufacturing engineering and management as well as both the mechanical and electrical engineering disciplines.
Please contact us to discuss part-time options.
More info: Click here
Year 1 (national level 4):
- Engineering Mathematics (20 credits)
- Design, Drawing and Practical Skills (20 credits)
- Manufacturing and Materials (20 credits)
- Applied Mechanics (20 credits)
- Energy Conversion (20 credits)
- Electronic and Electrical Principles (20 credits)
Year 2 (national level 5):
- Automation for Manufacturing (20 credits)
- Manufacturing Processes (20 credits)
- Design Methods and Applications (20 credits)
- Electrical Power Systems and Machines (20 credits)
- Electronics (20 credits)
- Computer Aided Engineering (20 credits)
- Work placement (optional)
Final year (national level 6):
- Project (40 credits)
- Manufacturing Systems Design (20 credits)
- Professional Management Techniques (20 credits)
- Operations Management (20 credits)
- Advanced Maintenance Practices (20 credits)