Develop the essential knowledge and skills needed for a career in one of the most exciting and growing sectors in the world’s economy.
Designed using the expertise and insider knowledge provided by our industry partners and taught by our in-house experts who are themselves engaged in cutting-edge industry-related projects.
The core areas covered include:
- the place and role of film and television industries within a wider network of production and consumption
- key regulatory frameworks that shape production
- relationships between film/television makers and producers/studios and related labour practices
- the impact of new technologies of consumption and their use by both audiences and makers
- the need to address industry challenges by collecting, analysing, synthesising and presenting information and ideas
By the end of the course you'll be well placed to develop a career in fields such as:
- studio operations
- production development
- marketing and branding
- audience intelligence
- international markets and regulations
More Info: CLick here
- Investigating Cultural Industries
- Development and Production
- Audiences and Consumption
- Marketing and Promotion
- Markets and Regulation
- Screen Industries Practices
You will carry out a year long research project that focusses on any aspect of the industry you choose.
You'll get expert supervision and guidance from one of our staff.
This project will help you develop materials and activities that demonstrate to industry employers the skills and potential you can bring to their organisation and projects.
- Taught modules - you'll take three in each of the Autumn and Spring semesters
- Research project - you will develop this over the Autumn and Spring semesters and complete and write up over the summer