- Explore the most advanced studio techniques, technologies and processes at the forefront of current music production.
- Discover advanced compositional devices and strategy applicable to DAW-based realisation of original material.
- Unleash your creative potential and cultivate your own individual style to produce original works that stand out from the crowd in their artistic and technical sophistication.
The MA Creative Music Production is aimed at applicants specifically interested in applying studio technologies and production skills to the creation of their own original music (as opposed to “producing” other artists’ music). In addition to equipping students with solid bases in studio technology, processes and practices, the course addresses the purely formal, artistic and aesthetic aspects of music-making, and the specific compositional devices and strategy applicable to DAW-based realisations of original material.
By surveying the defining traits and aesthetic concerns of a number of popular genres centred on electronic composition-production, students develop a sophisticated awareness of current artistic and aesthetic trends, and an enhanced knowledge of the musicology of production. On this course, you will develop a portfolio of original works showcasing your talent as a composer-producer, opening up a wide range of possibilities for your professional career.
More info: Click here
Module, Credits, Compulsory/optional
- Creative Economies, 15 Credits, Compulsory
- Research and Enquiry, 15 Credits, Compulsory
- Audio Production and Design, 30 Credits, Compulsory
- Studio Technologies, Processes and Practices, 30 Credits, Compulsory
- Creative Music Production, 30 Credits, Compulsory
- Music and Sound Project, 60 Credits, Compulsory
- Research and Enquiry (Online), 15 Credits, Optional
- Creative Economies (Online), 15 Credits, Optional