Whether you are a graduate looking for a career in environmental management or an experienced environmental professional, our Environmental Management MSc enables you to develop the knowledge and skills required to implement environmentally sustainable solutions within businesses and organisations around the world.
Environmental Management is of increasing importance to all types of organisations both within the UK and worldwide; there is a growing need for qualified and trained environmental managers and, as environmental challenges become ever more apparent, this demand shows no signs of abating.
Our MSc in Environmental Management provides a flexible and broad approach to study and provides a firm grounding in the essentials of environmental management, including environmental auditing, the choice, design and use of a range of environmental tools and methods including EIA, ERA, Lifecycle Assessment and knowledge of environmental policy and legislation. Studying on this accredited Environmental Management MSc is the first step to becoming a Chartered Environmentalist.
Five core taught modules are taken and students then choose three optional modules. Students also complete two modules (Research Methods and Research Project) which specifically support them through their independent research project. The project can be based on an environmental management issue that interests you or is relevant to your organisation, and you will be assigned a member of academic staff who will guide you through the research process.
Students will begin their studies, both full-time and part time, with a core module in Sustainability and Environmental Systems.This course is accredited by IEMA, a professional body for people working in environment and sustainability. This course entitles students to FREE student membership for the duration of the course and on successful completion you qualify for GradIEMA. Graduate membership is a launch-pad for future leaders within environment and sustainability and offers a range of benefits to support you throughout your career. You can then ‘fast track’ to Practitioner Membership (PIEMA) following successful completion of the work-based assessment of competence.
The course has also been accredited by the Chartered Institution of Water and Environmental Management (CIWEM) which means that whilst students are enrolled on the programme they are eligible for complementary student membership with that institution. Upon graduation, students will be eligible to apply for graduate membership.
This course is available both full and part-time with intakes in September (Semester A) and January (Semester B). Full time study in Semester A takes 1 year. Full time study beginning in Semester B will take approximately 15 months. Part time study options typically take two years but students are given a maximum of five years to complete.
More info: Click here
Module, Credits, Compulsory/optional
- Sustainability and Environmental Systems, 15 Credits, Compulsory
- Research Methods, 15 Credits, Compulsory
- Foundation in Environmental Auditing, 15 Credits, Compulsory
- Environmental Policy and Governance, 15 Credits, Compulsory
- Environmental Management Tools and Methods, 15 Credits, Compulsory
- Environmental Management Individual Research Project, 45 Credits, Compulsory
- Study Skills, 0 Credits, Compulsory
- Sustainable Energy, 15 Credits, Optional
- Integrated Waste and Pollution Management, 15 Credits, Optional
- Water Pollution Control, 15 Credits, Optional
- Ecology and Conservation, 15 Credits, Optional
- Water Resources, 15 Credits, Optional
- Environmental Management Systems Implementation, 15 Credits, Optional
- Agriculture and Environment, 15 Credits, Optional