- On this MA Fashion degree you will develop your professional skills as an fashion designer.
- Work with design professionals of international standing.
- This postgraduate degree will allow you to work in professional and industrial contexts.
- Develop a range of research skills.
- Exhibit your work and work as a tutor/mentor with our undergraduates.
MA Fashion is a Masters award within the MA Art and Design programme at the School of Creative Arts. Within the programme there is strong emphasis on professional practice and the real-world applications of art and design. You will develop key research skills and gain a good understanding of the work of other practitioners in your field.
Through working alongside artists and designers on other Fashion postgraduate course, you will explore the possibilities for the fashion designer today, questioning conventions and refining your practice and design capabilities by working with and understanding materials. The course provides you with research skills and an understanding of fashion and its contexts and, at the end of your studies, you will have the expertise to promote your own practice, either as a small business or in the context of global fashion markets.
Our staff are experienced in research, industry and professional practice, and you will also benefit from contributions from visiting fashion designers and design professionals, as well as from involvement with our international exhibitions programme. Our fashion courses also have close links with a wide range of industry partners and contribute to major national and international events in the fashion industry.
The Postgraduate Fashion programme is to equipped to provide you with the skills, knowledge and understanding required to practice at an advanced level, as well as fostering your creativity and enhancing your employment opportunities. Induction, seminars and social events for students and staff mean that you will be part of a friendly and supportive postgraduate community, which also includes film makers, musicians and professionals working in new media. Senior research staff and internationally renowned artists work with postgraduate students, helping you to develop original and challenging work.
More info: Click here
Module, Credits, Compulsory/optional
- Creative Economies, 15 Credits, Compulsory
- Major Study: Fashion, 60 Credits, Compulsory
- Research and Enquiry, 15 Credits, Compulsory
- Practice 1: Design, 30 Credits, Compulsory
- Practice 2: Design, 30 Credits, Compulsory
- Discourse and Reflection: Design, 30 Credits, Compulsory
- Research and Enquiry (Online), 15 Credits, Optional
- Creative Economies (Online), 15 Credits, Optional