The MA Film and Television Production degree’s mission is to provide an environment for students to develop their vision and use their voice as a filmmaker.
Through a culture of filmmaking practice, students will regularly undertake shoots in which they explore multiple styles of cinema and television drama and documentary. With a strong focus on feature film, high-end drama and feature documentary, students are challenged to produce creative ideas, scripts and shorts across each week. The course ensures students build their own filmmaker’s sketchbook of genres, skills, narratives and vision.
In the final semester, students produce their own major film or TV production, or write a substantial screenplay (such as a feature length film script or a pilot episode and series outline for TV drama).
More info: Click here
Module, Credits, Compulsory/optional
- Creative Economies, 15 Credits, Compulsory
- Major Study: Film and Television Production, 60 Credits, Compulsory
- Research and Enquiry, 15 Credits, Compulsory
- Discourse/Reflection: Professional Project Development, 30 Credits, Compulsory
- Practice 1: Script Development, 30 Credits, Compulsory
- Practice 2: Camera, Sound and Editing, 30 Credits, Compulsory
- Research and Enquiry (Online), 15 Credits, Optional
- Creative Economies (Online), 15 Credits, Optional