To be considered for admission to this course an applicant must have:
- (a) the degree of Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery from this University, or equivalent as recognised by the Faculty;
- (b) (i)a bachelor's degree in a health, biomedical, or biological sciences related discipline from this University or another recognised institution; and (ii) in the case of graduates from a three-year undergraduate degree course, at least one year of professional experience;
- (c) completed the Graduate Certificate in Health Professional/Professions Education or the Graduate Diploma in Health Professional/Professions Education from this University with the equivalent of at least 70 per cent in all core units
- Qualification through WACE, TEE or equivalent
- Pass in English, English Literature, or English as a Second Language
- GCE O-level (GCSE and IGCSE)
- Minimum grade C / C6 in English, English Language, English (First Language) or English Literature.
- Minimum grade A in IGCSE English as a Second Language, with grade 1(One) in Oral/Aural Communication.
- Must be endorsed by CIE, OCR, Edexcel, AQA or other UK authority (independent and school-assessed O-levels are not sufficient).
- TOEFL (paper-based)
- 570 with a Test of Written English (TWE) of no less than 4.5
- Scholarship applicants require 580, with 45 in the Test of Spoken English (TSE) and 4.5 in the Test of Written English (TWE)
- IBT TOEFL (Internet-based test score)
- 82 with 22 for writing, 20 for speaking, 20 for listening, and 18 for reading
- IELTS (Academic)
- 6.5 (no band lower than 6.0)
- Cambridge Certificate of Proficiency in English
- Cambridge Certificate in Advanced English
- CELT Bridging Course
- Overall score of 70% with a minimum of 65% for each section
- Pearson Test of English (PTE) (Academic)
- Overall score of 64 with a minimum score of 64 in the Reading and Writing sections, 59 in the Speaking section and 54 in the Listening section.
- The Law School requires an overall score of 70 with a minimum score of 70 in each section.
Higher English scores are required for admission to higher degrees in some faculties at UWA:
- Law: overall IELTS of 7.5, with a minimum score of 7.5 for reading and writing and a minimum of 7.0 for speaking and listening.
- Education: overall IELTS score of 7.0, with a minimum of 6.5 in reading and writing.
- Dentistry: overall IELTS score of 7.0, with a minimum of 6.5 in reading and writing.
- Business: overall IELTS score of 6.5, with a minimum of 6.5 in reading and writing.