- The MA Photography degree allows you to develop your Photography skills and knowledge to a more advanced level.
- The course is suitable for those interested in commercial and/or fine-art approaches to photographic practice.
- You will develop a personal portfolio which in approach, style and vision looks to the forefront of current practices.
- This postgraduate degree allows you to extend your theoretical and contextual understanding of photographic media, its audiences and culture.
- Develop professional-level enquiry, research, creative invention, project planning and management practices.
- See our MA Photography Flickr page for portfolios and news of course and alumni activity.
This MA Photography award deals with the unique blends of fact, fiction, distinctive style and technical practices that characterize the many forms of contemporary photography, whether that is form a commercial or fine-art approach. It is about the ways in which traditional practices and digital technologies are coming together, developing new forms of photographic practices and bringing new possibilities for the creation, publication and exhibition of photographic imagery.
This postgraduate degree is concerned with communicating truths, stories, facts and emotions, it deals with persuasion and comment and the aesthetics of the image in ways which are visually rich and diverse. The widespread adoption of digital technologies to capture, edit, display and distribute photographic images has brought many new possibilities for the creation, publication and exhibition of work to a wide range of audiences and for a wide range of purposes.
The same technologies bring questions about precision and accuracy, the role of invention and imagination, and the way that the photographic image is received, understood and consumed in today's culture. You will work with traditional wet, analogue photographic resources, digital workflow facilities, or a mix of the two which is most appropriate to your personal practice.
More info: Click here
- Module, Credits, Compulsory/optional
- Creative Economies, 15 Credits, Compulsory
- Major Study: Photography, 60 Credits, Compulsory
- Research and Enquiry, 15 Credits, Compulsory
- Practice 1: Art, 30 Credits, Compulsory
- Practice 2: Art, 30 Credits, Compulsory
- Discourse and Reflection: Art, 30 Credits, Compulsory
- Research and Enquiry (Online), 15 Credits, Optional
- Creative Economies (Online), 15 Credits, Optional