- For both Primary and Secondary routes you will usually need a 2:2 (or above) honours degree from a UK Higher Education institution or an equivalent qualification and be deemed suitable to train to teach by the School of Education at the University of Sunderland.
- You should also hold a GCSE grade C or above (or equivalent) in Mathematics, Science, and English Language and a range of National Curriculum subjects. If you have studied for a GCSE which has a numerical grade then you will need to achieve a grade 4 or above.
- For School Direct Salaried route, Primary and Secondary level, you must have:
School Direct Tuition route only
- For both Primary and Secondary level you must also have:
- All successful applicants will be invited to an interview. Interviews start early November, so we recommend that you apply as soon as UCAS opens, in October.
- You will be assessed on your potential to learn and not your experience.