The three-year Animation Ontario College Advanced Diploma program provides you with the skills needed to meet the standards of the demanding international animation industry. As a student attending one of the best animation programs in Canada (as ranked by Animation Career Review, 2019), you learn industry-standard technologies, drawing and animation skills.
This program focuses on acting and body mechanics and where you learn traditional, 3D, tradigital (using Toon Boom`s Harmony) and video game animation techniques. Our faculty members are industry professionals who have worked for studios such as:
- Sony Image Works
- Mercury Filmworks
- Jam Filled Entertainment
- Big Jump Entertainment
Gain the ability to communicate your ideas through drawing, and to present them visually. Learn to see images in motion -a skill necessary for an animator, and ensure your animated creations are realistic and meet industry standards.
Focus is on layout, location and character design, gesture drawing and anatomy studies of the nude model, all culminating in performance-based character animation.
By the end of the program, you have a portfolio and demo reel that showcases your work. This highlights your creativity, skills and proficiency with relevant animation software and technologies, demonstrating that you are ready to enter the field.
There are many job opportunities for graduates of this program. You may find work as a(n):
- animator at a professional animation or game studio
- layout artist
- location or character designer
- 3D animator, rigger or modeller
- background artist
- tradigital rigger or modeller
Other employment opportunities might include working on feature films, animated TV series or commercials.
This program is well-suited for students who:
- Are creative and think visually.
- Enjoy a hands-on approach to learning about the animation and game industries.
- Have strong observational and analytical skills.
- Have an aptitude for acting and storytelling.
- Are eager to learn new drawing and animation techniques using new technologies.