- To apply for a postgraduate degree (MA/MSc/MBA/LLM) at the University of Bedfordshire you should have a good honours degree (or equivalent qualification) in an appropriate subject from a recognised university or HE institution.
- We will also consider candidates with other relevant qualifications or appropriate work experience
Applicants must be registered with the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC) or any other Social Work regulator in the United Kingdom.
Successful applicants will normally have an Honours degree (2:2 or above) and must have a professional qualification in Social Work. They also must have one year of post qualifying experience to be eligible to apply for the course.
All applicants must be practising social workers in a children and families social work setting. Applicants will normally have a minimum of one year of post-qualifying experience within the children and families setting for direct entry into the course.
- Recognition of Prior Certificated Learning (RPCL)
Students seeking accreditation of prior certificated learning (RP[C]L) will be referred to the University of Bedfordshire's regulations for admission with advanced standing. Each case will be assessed on its merit and in line with the University's maximum permissible credit transfer for the level of award sought.
- IELTS overall score of 6.0 with minimum 5.5 in each element
- GCSE or O Level English language grade C or above validated in the UK
- IGCSE English as a First Language Grade C and the following individual scores: Reading Grade E, Writing Grade E, Speaking and Listening: Speaking Grade D (0522) or 2 (0500), Listening Grade D (0522) or 2 (0500)
- IGCSE English as a Second Language Grade C and the following individual scores: Reading and Writing: Reading Grade D, Writing Grade D, Oral (Speaking) Grade C (0511) or 2 (0510), Listening Grade A
- Scottish Certificate of Education Standard Grade English, minimum grade C
- Scottish Certificate of Education Higher Grade English, minimum grade D
- Irish Leaving Certificate – Ordinary Level English, minimum grade C
- Irish Leaving Certificate – Higher Level English, minimum grade D
- West African Examinations Council School Certificate (WAEC SSCE): Minimum Grade C/6
- TOEFL iBT - Listening: 17, Reading: 18, Speaking: 20, Writing: 17
- Pearson PTE - Listening: 51, Reading: 51, Speaking: 51, Writing: 5