ASEAN-Korea Academic Essay Contest 2019 To Win The Trip To Korea
ASEAN-Korea Academic Essay 2019 is organized by AUN to have the opportunity to win an entire trip to Korea in 2019. Supported by ASEAN Secretariat, ROK Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Pukyoung National University Global Area Studies Center, Diplomatic Academy of Vietnam
The ASEAN-Korea Center, an intergovernmental organization mandated to promote economic and socio-cultural cooperation between ASEAN and Korea, will host the ASEAN-Korea Academic Essay Contest 2019. ASEAN and South Korea members shared their views and knowledge about ASEAN and ASEAN-Korea relations. The young viewpoint of the young ASEAN and South Korea will contribute to building a true, genuine and long-term partnership.
- The ASEAN-Korea Academic Essay winner will be invited to an academic seminar to present their essay essay.
- The ASEAN-Korea Academic Essay winner will have the opportunity for research trips to ASEAN and Korea (4 nights / 5 days):
- Study abroad trip to Korea - Visit the ASEAN-Korea Center, universities, research institutes and cultural venues in Korea.
- Research trip to ASEAN - Visiting universities, research institutes and cultural sites in Vietnam.
Note: Travel expenses will be paid by ASEAN-Korea Center.
The essay topic
THEME (select one of the following themes)
1. ASEAN and Korea in the Emerging Indo-Pacific
With 65% of the world population and over 60% of global GDP, the Indo-Pacific has come into the limelight as it has also become a main theatre of China’s Belt and Road Initiative and the United States’ free and open Indo-Pacific strategy. As regional entities, ASEAN and Korea share the regional outlook which naturally leads them for cooperation. In what ways can ASEAN and Korea increase their cooperation to navigate through the tides of the emerging Indo-Pacific?
2. ASEAN Connectivity and Beyond
ASEAN visions “to achieve a seamlessly and comprehensively connected and integrated region that will promote competitiveness, inclusiveness, and a greater sense of Community” as proclaimed in the Master Plan on ASEAN Connectivity 2025. A well-connected ASEAN will bring its goods, services and people together, creating a foundation for a more resilient, competitive and prosperous ASEAN Community. What are the key areas ASEAN should focus on to fulfill its connectivity visions? How can ASEAN Connectivity achieve a regional integration that will connect beyond the ASEAN region?
3. Toward a Reciprocal Cultural Exchanges: ASEAN Wave in Korea
With increasing interactions and socio-cultural exchanges between ASEAN and Korea, the perception of ASEAN has been expanding in Korea. However, while Korean cultures are widely spread in the ASEAN region with the tides of the ‘Korean Wave’, understanding of ASEAN’s unique and diverse cultures are still in the growing stage in Korea. How can we effectively promote ASEAN’s unique and diverse cultures in Korea? In what ways can ASEAN and Korea cooperate to facilitate and promote the ‘ASEAN Wave’ in Korea?
4. 30 Years of ASEAN-Korea Relations: Retrospect and Prospect
The ASEAN-Korea relations began with the establishment of the sectoral dialogue partnership in 1989. Since then, the relationship has expanded and deepened to become a strategic partnership for peace and prosperity in 2010. This year, ASEAN and Korea celebrate the 30th anniversary of their dialogue partnership. How has the ASEAN-Korea relations evolved over the past 30 years? How should the dialogue partnership progress forward?
- The ASEAN-Korea Academic Essay contest invites all ASEAN and postgraduate students from ASEAN countries to enroll in educational institutions based in ASEAN or Korea.
- Articles are written in English or Korean
Note: Abstract must be written in English for both English and Korean essays.
- Job application
|Maximum of 4,000 words or 10 pages||Maximum of 3,000 words or 10 pages|
|Times New Roman||한컴 바탕|
|Font size 12||Font size 11|
|Distance per line: 1.5||Distance per line: 1.5|
Note: With abstract is 500 words / 1 page
- Essays must be submitted and formatted in Microsoft Word.
- Citations in the text must be made in the APA (sixth edition).
Deadline: September 1, 2019
How to apply
- All requests must be electronically submitted by the deadline submitted at Here
- References must be properly cited. For plagiarism policy, refer to www.plagiarism.org.
- Essay must be written by one person. Co-authored essays are not accepted.
- Only original and unpublished essays will be reviewed for review.
- For any inquiries, contact us at email@example.com