The Bachelor of Applied Science / Bachelor of Advanced Studies (Exercise and Sport Science) develops the skills to integrate exercise and physical activity with disease prevention and the promotion of good health, rehabilitation, nutrition and sports performance.
This degree is an exciting and diverse combined degree, offering the opportunity to develop your skills as an exercise scientist with the benefit of experience from advanced coursework and a community, industry, research or entrepreneurship project. You will also complete a major from the shared pool creating a study profile that reflects your expertise in a range of disciplines.
Our flexible course structure allows you to build a course in exercise and sport science that is adapted to your personal strengths and aspirations while also offering the breadth and opportunities for development of a wide range of skills that will equip you for the modern workplace.
Why study with us?
- You'll gain real-world, hands-on training through clinical placements within our extensive network of clinical partners.
- You'll learn from highly respected practitioners, clinicians and researchers.
- With a multidisciplinary focus, we prepare graduates with generalist and specialist healthcare knowledge and skills.
- Our research ranks "well above world class" (Excellence in Research for Australia level 5).
- We offer a range of leadership and student support programs to give you the best possible opportunity for success.
- We have world-class facilities, with purpose-built laboratories and on-site health clinics.
- In 2021, we will move to the purpose-built Health Precinct at Camperdown campus, which will for the first time bring multiple health disciplines together in a facility that translates research into education and clinical services.