The Bachelor of Applied Science (Diagnostic Radiography) provides you with the knowledge and skills to use the latest technology to produce high-quality medical images that can assist medical specialists and practitioners to describe, diagnose, monitor and treat a patient’s injury or illness.
During this four year degree, you will:
- develop a comprehensive understanding of diagnostic radiography including imaging technology, radiographic science and radiographic evaluation
- undertake significant clinical and professional fieldwork opportunities, providing hands-on experience with real clients in a supervised environment
- develop the advanced technical skills required to operate high tech medical imaging equipment - ranging from small mobile X-ray machines to sophisticated cardiac units.
Why study with us?
- You'll gain real-world, hands-on training through clinical placements within our extensive network of clinical partners.
- You'll learn from highly respected practitioners, clinicians and researchers.
- With a multidisciplinary focus, we prepare graduates with generalist and specialist healthcare knowledge and skills.
- Our research ranks "well above world-class" (Excellence in Research for Australia level 5).
- We offer a range of leadership and student support programs to give you the best possible opportunity for success.
- We have world-class facilities, with purpose-built laboratories and on-site health clinics.
- In 2021, we will move to the purpose-built Susan Wakil Health Building at Camperdown campus, which will for the first time bring multiple health disciplines together in a facility that translates research into education and clinical services.