The University's Bachelor Honours Degree (AQF Level 8) Policy will apply.
The criteria for admission are:
- successful completion of the Bachelor of Computer Science or an equivalent qualification from another university;
- a GPA of at least 5.0 over the second and third year of the Bachelor degree.
The Program Director will take the following into consideration when assessing applications for admission:
- the suitability of the proposed dissertation topic;
- the resources available to support the candidature including availability of appropriate supervision;
- the preparedness of the applicant to undertake the degree in terms of the elapsed time since the prospective candidate qualified for the award of a Bachelor degree and the academic preparation provided by the Bachelor degree for the candidate's proposed dissertation topic.
English language requirements apply to International applicants and other applicants whose previous study was undertaken in a language other than English. The minimum English language requirements for such applicants for entry to this program are as follows:
- A minimum overall band score of 6.5 on IELTS (Academic) with no sub-score of less than 6.0
- OR a minimum score of 575 on TOEFL
- OR an internet-based (iBT) TOEFL score of 79 (no sub-score less than 19)
- OR no score less than 3+ in each skill of the ISLPR (conducted by ISLPR Language Services only)
- OR a minimum overall score of 176 (no score less than 169) on C1 Advanced (formerly Cambridge Certificate in Advanced English) or C2 Proficiency (formerly Cambridge Certificate of Proficiency in English)
- OR an overall score of 58 in the Pearson Test of English (Academic) with no score less than 50.
English test results must be no more than two years old.