- To apply for a postgraduate degree (MA/MSc/MBA/LLM) at the University of Bedfordshire you should have a good honours degree (or equivalent qualification) in an appropriate subject from a recognised university or HE institution.
- We will also consider candidates with other relevant qualifications or appropriate work experience.
- Graduates with a first degree normally 2:1 (at least 2:2 classification) in a relevant biology, sport, exercise or health science based subject (e.g. nursing, physiotherapy, Medicine, Osteopathy).
Credit may be given for prior (academic / professional) learning against some of the units. A portfolio of evidence and attainment of equivalent learning outcomes is required. Procedures for considering APL applications are determined by the Academic Board and issued by the Registry. Students from the European Union and International Students.
As a general guide, to apply for a place on the course students need to have met the above requirements and, due to the technical nature of much of the assessment and teaching language applicants must have the required English qualification as outlined below:
- IELTS 6.5 overall - Minimum of 6.0 in each component
- TOEFL internet-based test (IBT) 91+ overall with a minimum of 18 in each component
- If paper test: TOEFL 620 [paper] with 5.0 in test of written English - It is important that the academic version of the test is taken and that the qualifications have been acquired within the last year
- Cambridge CPE C
- Cambridge CAE C
- IELTS overall score of 6.0 with minimum 5.5 in each element
- GCSE or O Level English language grade C or above validated in the UK
- IGCSE English as a First Language Grade C and the following individual scores: Reading Grade E, Writing Grade E, Speaking and Listening: Speaking Grade D (0522) or 2 (0500), Listening Grade D (0522) or 2 (0500)
- IGCSE English as a Second Language Grade C and the following individual scores: Reading and Writing: Reading Grade D, Writing Grade D, Oral (Speaking) Grade C (0511) or 2 (0510), Listening Grade A
- Scottish Certificate of Education Standard Grade English, minimum grade C
- Scottish Certificate of Education Higher Grade English, minimum grade D
- Irish Leaving Certificate – Ordinary Level English, minimum grade C
- Irish Leaving Certificate – Higher Level English, minimum grade D
- West African Examinations Council School Certificate (WAEC SSCE): Minimum Grade C/6
- TOEFL iBT - Listening: 17, Reading: 18, Speaking: 20, Writing: 17
- Pearson PTE - Listening: 51, Reading: 51, Speaking: 51, Writing: 51