The MA in Applied Linguistics (TESOL) offers an advanced level professional qualification for practising and aspiring teachers of English, but also for materials developers, assessment and examination/test paper writers and researchers in Applied Linguistics.
You will focus on areas such as the relationship between linguistics and second language learning, the methodology and techniques of language teaching and the appropriateness and development of materials for language teaching and learning purposes. You will also examine various current issues in ELT and have the opportunity to carry out a major piece of individual research on a topic of your interest.
This course is designed for those who are seeking a career as English language teachers, who are native speakers or non-native speakers with a high level of English. It will offer you professional training and development, as it includes observed and assessed teaching practice. Successful completion will mean that you will achieve Teaching English as a Foreign Language (TEFL) Q status (Q = fully qualified in British Council terms)
More Info: Click here
- Dissertation In Applied Linguistics And Elt (LNG035-6) Compulsory
- Exploring Research: Concepts And Methods (LNG004-6) Compulsory
- Issues In Second Language Acquisitions (LNG020-6) Compulsory
- Materials Development For Language Teaching And Learning (LNG025-6) Compulsory
- Teaching Practice (LNG037-6) Compulsory
- The Language System And Language Teaching (LNG036-6) Compulsory
- The Methodology Of Language Teaching (LNG012-6) Compulsory