This course is designed for recent graduates who are looking to develop their career in physical education teaching or youth sport coaching.
It will support you in developing the knowledge and skills required to progress to teacher education and/or higher-level employment. It will deepen your critical understanding of the issues facing professionals in physical education and sport settings.
The course undertakes a research-informed and practice-based theory approach. Many of the units require you to draw on observations and activities in work-related environments in order to link experience and theoretical learning.
MA Physical Education and Sport (Pedagogy) is a rigorously designed and intellectually demanding professional education and development programme.
It is studied in order to become a more effective and reflective teacher or coach in school, club and other community settings. Each unit is grounded in the most recent developments in research on physical education, sport pedagogy and youth sport, and draws on your practical experience.
We use intensive, compressed teaching time combined with flexible off-site guided learning to fit around your work in a school or youth sport setting.
This course will also provide the advanced knowledge and research training required for direct access to higher degrees by research (MPhil/ PhD).
More info: Click here
- Advanced Pedagogy Through Models Based Practice (SPO071-6) Compulsory
- Behavioural Science And Public Health (SPO060-6) Compulsory
- Contemporary Sports Policy (SPO062-6) Compulsory
- Critical Issues In Sport And Physical Activity (SPO065-6) Compulsory
- Critical Perspectives In Pete (SPO073-6) Compulsory
- Innovative And Effective Pedagogies (SPO072-6) Compulsory
- Research Methods For Sport, Physical Activity And Education (SPO067-6) Compulsory
- Sport And Physical Activity Masters Dissertation (SPO070-6) Compulsory
- Participatory Action Research For The Development Of Sport And Physical Activity (SPO068-6) Optional
- Placement (Short) (SPO009-6) Optional