Participants will develop the professional and practical skills needed to become a teacher working in post-compulsory education, opening up employment opportunities in a wide range of organisations from general FE colleges to universities, prisons, businesses and the voluntary sector.
The course will equip you with the professional knowledge and skills to work within this sector and adapt to organisational and policy change, it will also provide a base for your further personal and professional development.
After completion of the course you will be able to apply for Qualified Teacher: Learning and Skills status (QTLS).
This course is offered in-service as well as pre-service depending on your needs.
- Learn through taught sessions and professional practice, applying theory to your teaching practice to develop the core skills for teaching in post compulsory education
- Build on your expertise and experience in your field to develop your teaching skills
- Gain a qualification that includes recommendation for Qualified Teacher: Learning and Skills status (QTLS) opening up employment opportunities in a range of settings from schools and FE colleges to universities, prisons, business and the voluntary sector, and which provides a base for further personal and professional development
- Develop your ability to understand and work with professional, organisational and policy change
- Explore issues in teaching, learning and assessment
- Benefit from a qualification that is quality assured by the Institute for Learning (IfL) endorsed by the Learning and Skills Improvement Services (LSIS) as a Diploma in Teaching in the Lifelong Learning Sector (DTLLS) and can be used to achieve Qualified Teacher: Learning and Skills status (QTLS)
More info: Click here