When you study with us on this course, you will focus on the provision of healthcare and social care to individuals, groups and communities within specialist community services.
The focus is on developing your competence, confidence and expertise in assessing the needs of your clients, and working in partnership with them to make informed, holistic health choices.
The ultimate aim is for you to mature into someone with the skills, knowledge and understanding to function as a valuable member of the community, and become a reflective, evidence-based and innovative practitioner as you deliver a client-centred programme of care.
Choose Specialist Practitioner Community District Nursing PgDip at Bedfordshire and:
- Study issues of direct relevance to your personal and professional development and achievement of status as a District Nurse, and increase your prospects of fulfilling employment
- Explore the latest research and practice, and develop a range of public health nursing skills that are pertinent to district nursing
- Develop your sensitivity and understanding in relation to cultural and religious values, beliefs, abilities and the needs of individuals, groups and populations
- Gain an understanding of the evidence on which care interventions are based in order to promote, evaluate and design interventions, and critically develop effective questioning techniques to enhance your communication skills
- Benefit from student-focused, self-directed and guided learning that uses a variety of teaching methods including e-learning, work and problem based learning, simulation, role play and student-led seminars.
More Info: Click here
- Nurse And Midwife Independent And Supplementary Prescribing (V300) (HCE033-6) Compulsory
- Public Health: Principles, Policies And Practice In Specialist Community District Nursing (CEL032-6) Compulsory
- Specialist Practitioner Community District Nursing (CEL056-6) Compulsory
- Transforming Healthcare Through Effective Leadership (CEL016-6) Compulsory