Approved by the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC), this course offers students a rewarding career path. In addition to gaining a postgraduate qualification, successful students will be eligible to apply for professional registration with the Health and Care Professions Council and when registered will be able to pursue a professional social work career in a range of settings.
On this practice-based social work course, your studies will be supervised by experienced practitioners, and you can expect an induction, a protected workload and a study day most weeks while on placement.
- Study the knowledge, skills and attributes necessary for social work practice at qualification level with adults and children in the private, voluntary and independent sectors.
- Explore the role of social work, its inter-relationship with other disciplines and the ethical base for practice where initiative is balanced with accountability to employers, the profession, service-users and carers.
- Develop a deep and systematic understanding of current theoretical and methodological approaches and acquire the skills necessary for analytical research-informed practice.
- Gain skills in critical reflexivity and emotional literacy which underpin collaborative social work practice and proactive professional development.
- Benefit from classroom and placement activities which will enable you to develop collaborative and communication abilities that can be applied to complex problem-solving tasks.
More info: Click here