Why Accounting and Economics?
Whatever the economic climate, businesses across the UK always need accountants and economists. Whether you’re hoping to work in the private, public or voluntary sector, this course could help you gain a thorough grounding in accounting and economics to take you to the next step in your career. If you’re going to be an accountant or economist it’s vital you understand how organisations are financed and managed. That’s what’s at the core of our degree. We’ll look at how companies are run, and then give you the opportunity to choose particular topics to study in more detail.
How will you learn?
You will learn through practical application and delivered lectures, workshops, seminars and group work sessions.
- Here at Huddersfield, you'll be taught by some of the best lecturers in the country. We've been the English university with the highest proportion of professionally qualified teaching staff for three years running.
- You’ll be able to connect with leading accounting firms thanks to our innovative Partners in Accountancy scheme. The Partners in Accountancy firms will offer accountancy students direct input to their studies from leading case studies on technical and professional areas and providing careers support.
- The course doesn't just focus on accounting techniques – we also look at some essential skills for the workplace, including communication and presentation skills.
- In your third year we’ll give you the opportunity to take a placement year that could see you working in a business and gaining real world experience.
More Info: Click here
This is a common first year across all Accountancy courses and comprises:
- Foundations of Financial Accounting
- Foundations of Management Accounting
- Foundations of Finance
- Introduction to Macroeconomics
- Introduction to Microeconomics
- Statistics for Social Sciences
- Financial Reporting
- Applied Management Accounting
- Financial Management
- Intermediate Macroeconomics
- Intermediate Microeconomics
- Accounting Regulation and Governance
- Contemporary Issues In Accounting And Finance
- Corporate Finance
- Applied Econometrics
- Decision Science
Choose two from a list which may include:
- Tax Framework
- Audit Framework
- Investment and Portfolio Management
- Strategic Management
Choose one from a list which may include:
- Monetary and Financial Framework
- Climate Economics and Finance
- Global Financial Management