Entering the Acting profession as a working stage and screen actor requires high-level skills and knowledge, which the BA (Hons) Acting programme at the University of Northampton is designed to help you develop.
You’ll spend 30 hours per week for 30 weeks in practical training, showing your dedication and commitment and our programme is recognised by both Equity and Spotlight, ensuring that the training provided is relevant, current and of an excellent industry level standard.
We follow the ethos of craft, artistry and performance application while encouraging the continual journey of self-discovery, curiosity and the employment of your imagination in truthful characterisations.
Whatever your ambitions, we’re here to help you to achieve them. We’ll support you to identify the skills you’re learning during your course, find your strengths and secure practical experience so that when it comes to applying for jobs or further study you’ll feel confident in standing out from the crowd. We’ve created the Northampton Employment Promise because we are so confident that if you focus on your studies and complete one of our awards you’ll be highly employable by the time you graduate. Putting you in a great position to secure employment or continue your studies.
More info: Click here
- Acting Methodologies 1 (40 Credits)
- Vocal Technique for Actors 1 (30 Credits)
- Actor's Body and Movement 1 (20 Credits)
- Theories and Histories of Acting (10 Credits)
- Improvisation for Actors (20 Credits)
- Vocal Technique for Actors 2 (20 Credits)
- Media Acting (40 Credits)
- Working with a Director (20 Credits)
- Acting Methodologies 2 (30 Credits)
- Actor's Body and Movement 2 (10 Credits)
- Industry Preparation (20 Credits)
- Vocal Technique for Actors 3 (10 Credits)
- Actor's Body and Movement 3 (10 Credits)
- Negotiated Project (40) (40 Credits)
- Acting Methodologies 3 (40 Credits)