The PEP is designed for students who have received a conditional offer to study with us, but who have not satisfied the English language requirement.
The Pre-sessional English Programme (PEP) will help you to develop your competence and confidence using English in an academic setting, so that you can study any of our undergraduate or postgraduate courses.
Successful completion of the programme will demonstrate that you have satisfied our English Language requirements. In addition, you will have become familiar with the culture of UK Higher Education and will be equipped with the tools to help you succeed in your studies.
This course focuses on learning the English language and the academic skills necessary for studying in a UK university, with an additional element of study skills in one of the modules. All courses also have a project element where you focus on an area of academic study, e.g. primary and secondary research. We want to help you improve your general communication skills through accuracy, grammar and vocabulary across reading, writing, listening and speaking.
Specifically, we aim to help you to:
- improve your knowledge of the grammar, vocabulary and functions of English. This will enable you to communicate your ideas more effectively
- improve your understanding of the relationship between the language and the culture in which it exists. This will help you operate more efficiently in a UK academic setting
- build your knowledge of and competence in Academic English. This will help you to enhance the quality of your academic assignments
- encourage you to become an independent learner. This will help you to discover your own voice and express your ideas effectively
- show you the teaching methods which are common in British schools and universities. This will help you to understand UK academic culture
- access the range of learning resources available to you through multi-media. This will help you develop an awareness of English outside the classroom
- take part in social activities and make friends. This will help you to adapt to UK culture and improve your fluency
When you finish this course you will have developed the confidence and Academic English skills you need to effectively study any of our undergraduate or postgraduate courses.
More info: Click here