Improve the health of your community
- Are you fascinated by the human body? Do you want to help tackle important health issues facing our world today?
- Studying health and medical sciences is mentally stimulating and hands-on. It’s about fighting disease through scientific research and actively promoting wellbeing.
- Our Bachelor of Health and Medical Sciences ranks first in South Australia for teaching quality, and third in Australia for overall education experience.
What will you do
Our degree supports you in developing relevant and transferable skills that are highly sought-after in research and health industries. You will:
- explore human biology and public health in depth
- gain hands-on research experience in world-class facilities
- enjoy cutting-edge virtual reality learning
- work in small groups to solve problems relating to health and disease
- undertake a year-long research placement or internship
- increase your understanding of global health issues with opportunities to study overseas.
You’ll also pursue a specialisation in one of a diverse range of areas:
- Clinical Trials
- Nutritional Health
- Public Health
- Medical Sciences
- Reproductive and Childhood Health.
Where could it take you
- You could work in a medical laboratory or clinical setting, seeing modern medicine improve vulnerable patients’ health. You might be the first to witness ground-breaking medical research results. Perhaps you’ll help populations make healthy choices, or change the environments in which people live, grow, work, and play, so that everyone can lead healthy lives. Previous graduates have gone on to high-level, influential positions in a range of health organisations and government departments throughout Australia and abroad.
More info: Click here