- Do you aspire to become a manager and leader? This course is ideal if you enjoy rising to the challenge and finding creative solutions to problems, thinking on your feet and want to work in a fast-paced environment. It is designed to give you the opportunity to develop the key business management, leadership and decision making skills needed for today's dynamic business environment.
- This is a brand new course and is designed for those of you taht are interested in developing practical skills to harness information to generate business and social values in the new digital era. Good basic quantitative skills would be desirable for this course, although these are not essential as they can be developed in the common first year. In the second and final years, there are data and analytics modules where the emphasis is on applications and the use of techniques in business. This course will prepare you for the wider global world of business. You may even end up working outside the UK for a multinational corporation or international agency.
How will you learn
You will learn through practical application and delivered lectures, workshops, seminars and group work sessions.
- You have the opportunity to gain practical skills in a dynamic business environment.
- We’ll give you the opportunity to take a placement year, working in a business, either here in the UK or abroad.
- We work closely with the Chartered Management Institute (CMI) and you’ll have the opportunity to achieve a CMI qualification in Management and Leadership through no additional study or assessment.
- Our HR professionals could also help you create a CV or portfolio, to help enhance your prospects in the employment market.
Previous students from our Business courses have gained experience with businesses such as Hewlett Packard, Lloyds Banking Group, ASDA, Coop Group, Cummins, L’Oreal, Virgin Media and Agricultural Bank of China.
What subjects will you cover
- To give you the chance to build a better understanding of business , the course covers key business topics. You can choose to build a range of specialist skills including personal development, real world business issues, global management in context, digital and social media marketing.
More info: Click here
- ASPIRE 1
- Understanding Global Dynamics
- Understanding Business Analytics
- Understanding Organisational Behaviour
- Understanding Markets and Consumers
- Financial Fluency and Legal Environment
- ASPIRE 2
- Business Research Skills
- Data Visualisation
- Business Creation and Development
- International Business
Choose one from a list which may include:
- Advanced Organisational Behaviour
- Leadership: Theory and Practice
Year 3 - optional placement year
- ASPIRE 3
- Strategy and Business Transformation
- Responsible Business
- Data Analytics and Creating Value
Choose two from a list which may include:
- Managing Across Cultures
- Digital and Social Media Marketing
Or you may choose to do a Business and Management Dissertation: