Why Business Management
- Do you aspire to become a manager and leader? This course is ideal if you enjoy rising to the challenge and finding creative solutions to problems, thinking on your feet and want to work in a fast-paced environment. It is designed to give you the opportunity to develop the key business management, leadership and decision making skills needed for today's dynamic business environment.
- This course is designed to provide you with a comprehensive knowledge of business subjects and related skills in preparation for a career in management in a wide range of business organisations. These include not only well-known private sector businesses, but also public sector employers such as health authorities, utilities and local and central government. After the first year, you will take some common modules, such as Operations Management, People Management, Leadership, Strategy and Business Transformation, and then have an opportunity to specialise through a choice of optional modules in the second and final years.
How will you learn
You will learn through practical application and delivered lectures, workshops, seminars and group work sessions.
- You have the opportunity to gain practical skills in a dynamic business environment.
- We’ll give you the opportunity to take a placement year, working in a business, either here in the UK or abroad.
- We work closely with the Chartered Management Institute (CMI) and you’ll have the opportunity to achieve a CMI qualification in Management and Leadership through no additional study or assessment.
- Our HR professionals could also help you create a CV or portfolio, to help enhance your prospects in the employment market.
Previous students have gained experience with businesses such as Hewlett Packard, Lloyds Banking Group, ASDA, Coop Group, Cummins, L’Oreal, Virgin Media and Agricultural Bank of China.
What subjects will you cover
- To give you the chance to build a better understanding of business management, the course covers key business topics. You can choose to build a range of specialist skills including managing human resource and personal development, real world business issues, global management in context, digital and social media marketing and people resourcing.
More info: Click here
- ASPIRE 1
- Understanding Global Dynamics
- Understanding Business Analytics
- Understanding Organisational Behaviour
- Understanding Markets and Consumers
- Financial Fluency and Legal Environment
- ASPIRE 2
- Business Research Skills
- Operations Management
- Managing People
- Leadership: Theory and Practice
Choose one from a list which may include:
- Advanced Organisational Behaviour
- Business Creation and Development
Year 3 - optional placement year
- ASPIRE 3
- Strategy and Business Transformation
- Responsible Business
- The Future of Work
Choose two from a list which may include:
- Advances in Leadership
- Managing Across Cultures
- Digital and Social Media Marketing
- People Resourcing
Or you may choose to do a Business and Management Dissertation: