The Doctor of Education is a specialised doctorate designed for professionals in education, health sciences, and related fields. Built on a cohort model of inquiry, the Doctor of Education provides a structured, supportive, rigorous approach to doctoral study.
The Doctor of Education builds leadership and commitment, fosters scholarly excellence, and allows candidates to connect educational research with questions of professional practice, in particular leadership.
Doctor of Education graduates will:
- Meet high international standards in the quality of their scholarly work
- Adopt an investigative, probing, open-minded, reflective, dialogical stance in addressing scholarly and professional problems
- Draw on insights from their studies in seeking to make a worthwhile difference in the lives of others
- Be able to link, in a coherent and rigorous manner, theory and research to questions of professional practice
- Be adept at presenting their work in conferences and seminars, and in publishing their findings
- Value the process of peer review in advancing scholarly and professional understanding
- Be willing and able to demonstrate leadership in their domains of professional endeavour
- Have a strong sense of global awareness and participate actively in wider scholarly and professional communities.
More info: Click here