Graduate Diploma of TESOL focuses on Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages to allow teachers to work in various fields. It is designed to assist experienced, as well as practising teachers to develop their careers via additional education in a specialist area.
The Graduate Diploma will provide teachers with the opportunity to add TESOL to their repertoire.
TESOL will allow them to branch out to apply for various positions outside of the education system.
Possible roles could include:
- ESL Teacher in secondary and tertiary educational organisations
- Team Leader in a group of practitioners
- Practitioner or coordinator for workplace-based programs
- English Language resource developer
- Program Coordinator for ESL in a training organisation
- Educational consultant Tutor
- Policy advisor on English Language teaching
More info: Click here
Qualification Core Units
- Research & Write in TESOL
- Design TESOL curriculum, lessons and materials
- Develop assessment in TESOL
- Deliver and evaluate lessons
- Develop personal teaching practices in TESOL
- Plan for professional development in TESOL practice
Lectures, group activities, case studies and practical support session
Mix of written assessment, report, role play and presentation