Our Health and Social Care FdSc course is aimed at those who are interested in caring for people, and is designed for those with a caring, practical nature, who wish to understand the theoretical basis behind care. If you wish to enter health or social care provision in an advanced support worker role, Senior Support Worker, Assistant Practitioner or similar roles in Health and Social Care sectors our course may be for you.
Our FdSc in Health and Social Care course provides you with a unique opportunity to achieve a relevant qualification that matches your personal and professional development needs. The course also aims to support you in developing your own higher level thinking skills such as essay writing, analytical and research skills.
This two year programme is full-time and closely links theory and practice within Health and Social Care. The design of the course recognises the significant contribution of support workers in both health and social care settings focusing on improving service delivery.
Please note: Students are expected to follow the Faculty of Health and Society’s Policies on Confidentiality, Uniform and Student Discipline.
The Foundation Degree in Health and Social Care is a two year course which combines theory and practice. To graduate students must pass both parts.
More info: Click here
- SWK1029 Graduate Skills
- SWK1060P Foundations for Effective Work-Based Practice
- SWK1018 Inter-Professional Working in Health and Social Care
- SWK1058 Life Span Development
- SWK1059 Rights and Inclusion
- SWK2054 Community Re-ablement
- SWK2055 Dignity in Dying
- SWK2056 Enhancing Health and Well Being
- SWK2057 Research in Health and Social Care
- SWK2058 Living with Mental Health Issues
- SWK2014P Advanced Work Based Learning for Effective Practice in Health and Social Care