This course is specifically aimed at International students, supporting those wishing to gain practical work based experiential learning. Together with studying your chosen course we are offering an additional 6-month placement opportunity, making the course 18 months in length. This allows students to put into practice the skills and techniques developed throughout the Master’s degree within a UK environment after completing the 12-month taught programme.
This course cultivates an appreciation of the crucial relationship between strategic communication and leadership. This understanding is explored through a consideration of the role contemporary leaders should play in addressing urgent and complex challenges facing society.
- On this course particular attention is given to wider humanitarian issues faced by global business practitioners.
- You’ll have the opportunity to explore philosophical, psychological, professional, and intercultural frameworks of ethics related to leadership-followership/citizenship.
- The 18-month route has the opportunity to undertake a 6-month placement element at the end of the 12 month taught programme.
More info: Click here
You will study the following modules:
- Leadership Power & Ethics
- Humanitarian Challenges
- Leading Managing and Developing People
- Strategic Communication, Business and Society
- Global Business and Human Rights
- The Global Professional
An opportunity to pursue an area that interests you or which you are passionate about comes in your choice of project. You have a choice of three routes: Research Route, Consultancy Route and New Venture Creation Route (subject to tutor approval).
- Research Methods
- Individual Research Project
- Consultancy Skills
- Group Consultancy Project
New Venture Creation
- Launch a venture
- New Venture Creation
MSc Professional Practice Placement
The Professional Practice module gives you an opportunity to reflect on your personal and professional development and put theory into practice through professional work experience. This route must be chosen at the point of application by selecting the specific (Professional Practice) route as the placement adds a further 6 months to your duration of study. Due to the competitive nature of the placement route the Professional Practice course has limited availability and places are capped.
Placements are not guaranteed and are secured through a competitive process. You may be required to undertake formal application processes and interviews with placement providers in order to successfully secure a work placement.
Assessment of this module is in the form of a reflective log