Students must normally have completed one of the following:
- Bachelor of Engineering with Honours with First or Second Class Honours
- Postgraduate Certificate in Engineering with a GPA of 5 or more
- Bachelor of Science with Honours in appropriate subjects.
Students wishing to enrol in postgraduate study must have completed both the academic and non-academic requirements of the prerequisite degree. This includes practical work days, work reports, a workshop training course, and a first aid certificate.
- IELTS: Academic with an average score of 6.5, with a minimum of 6.0 in reading, writing, listening and speaking
- TOEFL iBT: Total minimum score of 90, with at least 19 in reading, writing and listening. Please note UC only accepts TOEFL iBT scores from a single test date, not MyBest scores.
- TOEFL PBT: With a minimum score of 575 and TWE with a minimum score of 4.5
- CCEL EAP: Level 2 with a minimum C+ grade
- CAE or CPE: minimum score of 176 with at least 169 in reading, writing, listening and speaking
- Pearson Test of English (Academic): PTE with an overall score of 58 and no PTE communicative skills score below 50
- NZCEL: Level 5