This course provides the opportunity for those who have studied an undergraduate degree to undertake a two-year full-time Master's course and upon successful completion receive eligibility for registration with the Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC). The course helps you to develop the skills required to become a confident, competent, caring and compassionate adult nurse in a rapidly changing health and social care environment.
- The course will assist you to develop both practical and theoretical skills, in order to achieve your full potential as an adult nurse and meet the Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC) Standards. These include professional values, communication and interpersonal skills, nursing practice and decision making, and leadership, management and team working.
- This challenging and intensive course comprises 50% theory and 50% practice, where you will undertake placements in a range of settings. The course consists of three stages, each comprising of a number of compulsory modules, where you will have the opportunity to study alongside students from the other fields of nursing.
- You will be taught by Lecturers who are committed and passionate, as well as mentors who are research active and have extensive and varied experience in child nursing.
- Teaching takes place in innovative and contemporary teaching and learning environments, including a fully equipped simulated ward, with our patient simulator, Sim Man, before you go out on to placements and treat real patients.
- Student support will be given from personal tutors and year leaders, as well as academic learning support and experienced mentors in practice.
More info: Click here
Stage 1 core modules
- Becoming a professional - Adult Nursing
- Introduction to Adult Nursing
- Nursing Practice stage 1
- Understanding knowledge and evidence for nursing
Stage 2 core modules
- Developing as a professional
- Developing critical knowledge and skills in Adult Nursing
- Developing research knowledge and evidence for Adult Nursing Practice
- Nursing Practice stage 2
Stage 3 core modules
- Being a professional
- Enhancing knowledge and skills in Adult Nursing
- Nursing Practice 3
- Using evidence and research to enhance Adult Nursing practice