Are you fascinated by how our muscles, joints and bones work together to make us move? On our Physiotherapy degree you’ll get the chance to delve into all the science behind the practice and build the skills and understanding you need to work in this hands-on and rewarding profession.
- You’ll learn in small groups throughout the course, so you can take advantage of the high levels of support on offer.
- Working in our physiotherapy practical rooms and biomechanics laboratory, you’ll have the opportunity to practice your skills in massage, joint manipulation and hot and cold treatments, as well as electrotherapy, movement analysis and rehabilitation.
- Our excellent links with local healthcare providers and sports clubs provide opportunities for you to undertake practical placements, where you can apply and build on the skills and knowledge you have learnt.
- You’ll have the opportunity to hear the experiences and viewpoints from Service Users and Carers, who are part of the Public Partnership Group.
- The course is accredited by the Chartered Society of Physiotherapists and regulated by the Health and Care Professions Council, so you can be confident it has independent approval.
Exploring all aspects of practice from musculoskeletal physiotherapy and health management to neurological conditions and working with vulnerable client groups, you’ll have the opportunity to build a wide knowledge base. As you progress through the course, you’ll study how to assess, advise and treat individuals with a variety of conditions including spinal and joint problems, respiratory difficulties, neurological problems, and those recovering from strokes and other chronic conditions, accidents and operations.
More info: Click here
- Applied Anatomy and Movement Analysis
- Introduction to Health and Healthcare
- Physiology in Physiotherapy Practice
- Professional Development and Research 1
- Cardio-Respiratory Physiotherapy
- Electrophysical Agents and Exercise Therapy
- Neuromusculoskeletal Physiotherapy
- Neurological Physiotherapy
- Practice Based Experience 3 and 4: Year 2
- Research 2
- Contemporary Physiotherapy
- Preparation for Employment and Leadership in Health Care Delivery
- Management and Health Promotion of Distinctive Client Groups
- Practice Based Experience 6 and 7: Year 3
- Research 3