This Diploma allows students to develop their expertise in sport science and health industries.
The one-year Postgraduate Diploma in Sport Science (PGDipSS) can lead to career pathways in high performance sport, non-clinical health, or fast-track careers of existing professionals in those industries.
- Specialist diploma in sport science.
- Findings from the 2013 Sport and Recreation Sector Workforce to 2026 Survey indicate that in Aotearoa New Zealand, up to 44,000 new staff will be required in the sector due to growth and retirements by 2026.
- Lecturers are involved in sport science or health as active researchers and supervisors, as well as serving professional bodies in their discipline.
- The field of sports science is developing rapidly and so this Diploma will allow students to stand out in a competitive job market.
More info: Click here
- SSCI 403 The Competitive Edge: Innovation in Sport Science
- SSCI 404 Advanced Internship for Sport Science
60 points in total are selected from the following list of courses.
The courses SSCI 407 and SSCI 408 will be offered and tailored to the direction of study for each student.
Courses cover such areas as exercise physiology, biomechanics, sport psychology, sport nutrition, or health behaviour change.
- SSCI 407 Advanced Strength and Conditioning (30 pts)
- SSCI 408 Sport Science Independent Study (30 pts)
- BIOL 462 Medical Biochemistry (15 pts)
- BIOL 481 Environmental Animal Physiology (15 pts)
- HLTH 409 Health and Culture (30 pts)
- HLTH 430 Motivating Behaviour Change I (30 pts)
- HLTH 431 Motivating Behaviour Change II (30 pts)
- HLTH 463 Whānau and Community Health (30 pts)