This course will give you the chance to develop your theoretical knowledge alongside the practical skills required for planning and teaching English to speakers of other languages.
Why TESOL and Education
- You’ll have the opportunity to build your understanding of different learning cultures, language acquisition and how to apply these skills to your own classroom practice. Plus you’ll be able to share experiences with students from a range of different countries.
- You’ll investigate why English has become a global language and the effect this has within the classroom, develop an understanding of how language works and experience different approaches to teaching English.
- We’ll also support you to develop your ability to critically reflect on your own personal educational development.
- As part of your course you’ll be supported to undertake a major study, identifying a TESOL topic of your choice to help you gain valuable insights into the effective teaching of English as a second or foreign language.
- The course will also help you build up transferable skills that employers are looking for, developing you as a critical thinker and being able to understand and challenge current approaches and policy.
Successful completion of this course enables you to consider a range of English as a second or foreign language teaching roles or to consider progression onto Master’s programmes.
More info: Click here
- TESOL in a Multi-lingual world
- Perspectives in Learning and Development
- Theories and Strategies for Learning
- Self, Society and Welfare
- Language Description for TESOL
- Philosophical Approaches to Education
- Developing Language and Communication for Learning
- People in Action: Work with Individuals and Groups
- TESOL - Methodologies and Practice
- Major Study
- Research Methodologies
Choose one from a list which may include:
- Leadership and Management in Professional Contexts
- Helping in Context (Counselling, Coaching and Mentoring)