If you are a qualified occupational therapist and want to advance take your professional knowledge and skills to an advanced level to enhance your career prospects and extend your perspective on professional practice, then this course is for you.
Full-time delivery of the MSc Advanced Occupational Therapy is one calendar year. The part-time route can be studied up to 4.5 years and therefore be tailored to your needs and other commitments.
As one of the longest established Occupational Therapy Schools in the UK, we have a very highly regarded professional reputation. The course will be delivered by our teaching staff and a range of external speakers, bringing their own experience and current research to your learning.
This course will equip you with the professional thinking to advance your occupational therapy practice by embedding occupation, critical use of evidence, research and leadership skills. Course content is designed to help you shape contemporary and emerging communities of practice for the profession of occupational therapy.
The award recognises the value of lifelong learning as a cornerstone of excellence in service delivery and is underpinned by the Royal College of Occupational Therapy career development framework. The award structure ensures that the modules are both contemporary for current service needs and innovative promoting engagement with emerging communities of practice underpinned throughout using high-quality evidence base.
More info: Click here
- Leading Change in Healthcare Practice (20 Credits)
- Educating and Influencing Others in Health Care (20 Credits)
- Research Methods - Philosophy and Study Design (20 Credits)
- Leading People in Health and Social Care Organisations (20 Credits)
- Occupation for Occupational Therapists (20 Credits)
- Implementing Innovative Change in Practice (20 Credits)
- Professional Project (60 Credits)
- Embedding Evidence to Enhance Practice (20 Credits)
- Contemporary Communities of Practice (20 Credits)