This is a 20 credit, level 7 module which utilises an active blended learning approach; with course material delivered across six taught days in addition to registrants participating in online activities.
Module content will include:
- Review of anatomy and physiology pertinent to minor illness.
- Consultation and history taking skills.
- Examination of systems pertinent to minor illness: respiratory, abdominal, neurological, ENT, eyes and dermatology.
- Informed diagnostic reasoning, critical decision making and record keeping.
- Exploration and critical appraisal of evidenced bases management strategies.
- Age related considerations.
- Professional, legal and ethical responsibilities.
Registrants are required to undertake two methods of assessment; structured and timed case-based assessments in addition to a 3000-word portfolio. To successfully complete this module registrants must achieve the minimum pass threshold for both elements of assessment.
It can be taken as a stand-alone module or part of MSc Advancing Practice award; Post-graduate Diploma in Advancing Practice; post graduate Certificate in Advancing Practice or MSc Advancing Practice (Top Up).
More info: Click here