University of Northampton Background Image
Image of University of Northampton
Childhood and Youth
Childhood and Youth BA (Hons)
Childhood and Youth BA (Hons)

Childhood and Youth BA (Hons)

  • ID:UNIC440145
  • Level:3-Year Bachelor's Degree
  • Duration:
  • Intake:

Fees (GBP)

Estimated Total/program:
Accept letter

Admission Requirements

Entry requirement

  • A typical offer is CCC at A Level or MMM at BTEC
  • hold English and Mathematics equivalent to a GCSE grade C/4
  • international: undertake a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check; demonstrate your commitment to working with children and young people, through voluntary work or similar

English requirement

  • IELTS 6.0 (or equivalent) with a minimum of 5.5 in all bands

Course Information

Children and young people’s services are going through a transformation. The Government agenda has seen the need for a more integrated and responsive service that includes emotional and mental health support for children and young people, extended and out-of-school care, play work, behaviour support and youth justice.

This course produces graduates who can address these gaps and improve the services available to children, young people, their families and the wider community. Our staff are experienced in the fields of health, law, education, business and social care. External practitioners and experts provide specialist sessions as well, so your studies cover the whole spectrum of working with children and young people.

More info: Click here

See moreSee less

Pre Courses

You may be required to complete an English Language course or Foundation program before being able to enrol on to an undergraduate or postgraduate degree program.

  • Pre-sessional English Program (PEP)
See moreSee less

Pathway Courses

See moreSee less

Career Opportunity

Career Opportunity

  • outh offending officer
  • Family support worker
  • Mental health support worker
  • MASH officer
  • Youth worker
  • Drug and alcohol worker
  • Housing officer
  • Residential keyworker
  • School counsellor
  • Play worker
  • Sports development officer
  • Primary school teacher

Ability to settle

Overseas Student Health Cover

Same Courses

Close search