As globalization increases, and with changes in trading relationships which may come about as a result of geopolitical factors, it is crucial for those running and working at higher levels within a business to have an understanding of the legal ramifications of business decisions. The development and sale of a new product, for example, will require knowledge and understanding of:
- International, regional and national laws on IP rights, patents and copyright;
- The environmental impact of different manufacturing and transport practices;
- The different legal business environments which exist in different areas;
- The rights of employees at all levels of the business;
- The competing contractual obligations where commercial contracts are concluded across national boundaries; and
- The laws which govern moving goods by sea.
The LLM Multinational Corporate Law allows you to develop skills to deal with all these stages.
The assessments are a mixture of:
- Time constrained pieces of work, allowing you to enhance your skills within strict operational time limits;
- Research plans, which allow for the development of effective research strategies;
- Longer pieces of written work essays, and a dissertation, which give you the opportunity to explore a topic in more depth;
The assessment methods throughout the LLM are designed to give students the optimum scope to demonstrate the required level of knowledge, understanding, application and skills to achieve the learning outcomes.
More info: Click here