This BSc (Hons) Sport Rehabilitation and Conditioning course is aimed at students who are committed to working with the public, athletes and populations of all ages to support improvements in the public’s health and wellbeing. You will apply both academic and practical skills to assess, treat and rehabilitate people from injury and illness and develop injury prevention strategies.
Our academic staff are enthusiastic, experienced and are actively involved in research in their specialist areas. This practical-based programme will equip students with the hands-on skills needed while our active blended learning approach will engage and support students both during and outside of the taught sessions. Further to this our careers and employability, and business and entrepreneurialism modules ensures that you are well-prepared for employment upon graduating.
This degree is built upon the core competencies required and set by BASRaT which includes modules that develop your knowledge and skill in musculoskeletal injuries, athlete screening and injury prevention, manual therapies and strength and conditioning, as well as the underpinning sports-science disciplines modules such as physiology, anatomy, nutrition, psychological management of athletes and a research dissertation.
In addition to developing your own business and entrepreneurialism skills you will complete a minimum of 400 hours of work-based learning during your studies to enable you to apply your knowledge in real-world settings and gain the valuable experiences needed for future employment.
More info: Click here
- Physiological Function and Response (20 Credits)
- Neuromusculoskeletal Injury, Illness, Disease and Assessment (20 Credits)
- Screening and Conditioning for Injury Prevention (20 Credits)
- Manual Therapy for Neuromusculosketal Conditions (20 Credits)
- Neuromusculoskeletal Anatomy (20 Credits)
- How to be Successful at University (20 Credits)
- Sport Research Methods (20 Credits)
- Mobilisation and Exercise for Spinal Conditions (20 Credits)
- Professional Practice and Entrepreneurialism (20 Credits)
- Athlete Injury, Health and Wellbeing Management (20 Credits)
- Rehabilitative Exercise and Programming (20 Credits)
- Screening and Conditioning for Sport Performance (20 Credits)
- Sports Trauma and Immediate Pitchside Care (20 Credits)
- Exercise and Conditioning for Specific Populations (20 Credits)
- Applied Practice in Sport (20 Credits)
- Contemporary Issues in Sport Rehabilitation and Conditioning (20 Credits)
- Dissertation (40 Credits)