Become more than a number-cruncher and play an important role in commerce.
In the first year of study you will develop knowledge in core business strategies including accounting, business communication, commercial law, business heritage, culture and sustainability, marketing, computing, management and applied research.
You will focus on your accounting specialisation in the second and third years, with study preparing you for an accounting position. Core subjects include:
- Intermediate Financial Accounting - details the regulatory and technical aspects of accounting as well as external reporting and evaluating techniques.
- Intermediate Management Accounting - covers the processes and information required for effective planning, control and decision making.
- Taxation in New Zealand - applies knowledge of taxation rules and compliance.
- Advanced Financial Accounting - prepares financial statements to ensure compliance with generally accepted accounting practice.
- Advanced Management Accounting - examines sourcing and evaluating accounting information related to organisational success.
Cooperative Education Project - with this aspect of our programme you will work within a real business environment applying your learning for a minimum of 400 hours. You will also complete a significant research project for your host organisation.
More info: Click here