Gain the knowledge and abilities required to successfully support the development and management of a highly effective workforce.
In your first year of study we broaden your knowledge with core business strategies and operational subjects including accounting, business communication, commercial law, business heritage, culture and sustainability, marketing, computing, management and applied research.
During the next two years we place emphasis on the specialist aspects of human resource management with studies including:
- Human Resources - Features the roles, functions and application of human resource management within contemporary New Zealand organisations.
- Industrial Relations - Applies knowledge of relevant legislation, processes and practices, and the relationship of the parties involved.
- Organisational Behaviour - Investigates the impact that individuals, groups, and structures have on staff behaviour.
- Advanced Human Resource Management - Details how human resource strategy and practice can support and be integrated with business strategy.
- Contemporary Issues In Human Resource Management - Examines local, national and international issues and evaluates their impact on the Human Resource professional s and the Human Resource function within the organisation.
Cooperative Education Project - With this aspect of our programme you will work "hands-on" within a real business environment applying your learning for a minimum of 400 hours. You will also complete a significant research project for your host organisation.
More info: Click here