Develop the specialist skills and organisational strengths you need to support a career creating greater efficiency and increased productivity within diverse commercial setting.
In your first year of study we broaden your knowledge with core business strategies and operational subjects including accounting, business communication, commercial law, business heritage, culture and sustainability, marketing, computing, management and applied research. In the following two years, our degree programme examines all aspects of the Operations and Production Management major with studies in:
- Intermediate Management Accounting - Covers the processes and information required for effective planning, control and decision making.
- Operations Management - Develops the concepts and analytical methods for transforming inputs into completed goods and services via the management of people and resources.
- Project Management - Appraises project plans using MS Project® and explores the basic principles and terminology of project management.
- Resource Integration Management - Examines aspects of supply chain management, business facility layout/modification and engineering economics, and their relation to effective business operation, technical management, project management and production of goods and services.
- Product Development - Evaluates appropriate tools and methods for achieving best outcomes and effective management across all facets of new product and service developments.
Cooperative Education Project - With this aspect of our programme you will work 'hands-on' within a real business environment applying your learning for a minimum of 400 hours. You will also complete a significant research project for your host organisation.
More info: Click here